RAS LaVrar works with creditors holding portfolios of outstanding consumer debt. We offer collection strategies that leverage written communications, verbal communications, and litigation. Depending on the client’s objectives, we are able to implement any, or all, of these strategies to deliver outstanding results. Our consumer collection platforms include
- Management and oversight of consumer debt matters
- Initiation of all permissible collection efforts
- Pre-judgment litigation from suit filing through judgment entry
- Post-judgment recovery activities such as garnishments, executions, and discovery where allowed by state law and client guidelines
RAS LaVrar works with creditors holding commercial debt portfolios. These creditors tend prefer firms that are able to move accounts into litigation quickly and our commercial debt offerings do just that. Our commercial collection platforms include
- Multi-jurisdictional coverage – no need to manage multiple firms
- Full service litigation – industry-standard pre-suit collection efforts, quick to suit and judgment, and active judgment enforcement where applicable
- Judgment recovery – we pursue all available remedies including garnishments, executions and post-judgment discovery for the life of the judgment
- Proprietary real-time auditing tools – account status, document review, milestone reporting, and financial transactions
Replevin is a legal action to recover the possession of items of personal property. We pursue replevin actions on behalf of creditors where recovery of the property is the chosen and most effective means of protecting the client’s interests. Our replevin platform includes
- Timely account intake and assessment
- Property location and identification
- Staff members with local knowledge of replevin practices and procedures
RAS LaVrar provides representation to self-insured corporations, insurance carriers and third-party administrators on all subrogation matters, personal and commercial, including fire, auto, products liability and overpayment/erroneous payment of benefits through its subrogation department. Highlights of our subrogation program include:
- Swift and efficient progress of all files from initial investigation to resolution.
- Subrogation files are handled on a contingency/reduced hourly/blended or flat fee basis dependent upon the individual matter.
- Attorneys who are available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week to respond to our Clients’ needs whenever an incident occurs.
- Integrated post judgment execution.
A portion of the firm’s practice is dedicated to the defense of general liability claims on behalf of self-insured corporations, insurance carriers and their policyholders. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in the handling of these matters for our clients at every level of the State and Federal Courts. It is our firm’s intention to save our clients time and resources by avoiding costly litigation whenever possible and to focus instead upon aiding our Clients in the identification and mitigation of any liability. In those situations where litigation is inevitable, RAS LaVrar will work aggressively and efficiently to bring the matter to swift resolution, whether by amicable settlement or trial. Our attorneys are adept in the art of negotiation and alternative dispute resolution.